Each year hundreds of volunteers support our student community by participating in various reviewing and mentoring opportunities. Individually our volunteers provide critical feedback and guidance to equip conference participants for success. Collectively, SACNAS volunteers give back by empowering and uplifting the future generation of STEM.
Together we… GIVE BACK
Before The Conference
Research Presentation Application Reviewer
As a research presentation application reviewer you will receive:
- Approximately 15 abstracts in your discipline to review
- Guidelines to score assigned abstracts
- Each abstract takes approximately 20 minutes to review. Total time = Approximately 5 hours between May 1 to May 15.
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Travel Scholarship Application Reviewer
As a travel scholarship application reviewer you will receive:
- Approximately 20 scholarship applications to review
- Guidelines to score assigned applications
- Each application takes approximately 20 minutes to review. Total time = Approximately 6 hours between May 1 to May 15.
Questions? Email email@example.com
At the Conference
For many students getting direct mentorship can make all the difference in validating and motivating them to persist in their STEM journey. By serving as a mentor judge, volunteers provide constructive feedback and motivation to student research presenters, including many first-time presenters and first-generation college students.
- Motivated to provide positive and constructive feedback to student presenters
- Must be a STEM professional with a Master’s degree or PhD
- Currently in a Master’s or PhD program? You will be assigned to undergraduate poster presentations
- Previous experience in judging/mentoring similar events preferred but not required!
- Must be a registered attendee for the 2020 SACNAS conference
REMINDER: Mentor judges are not eligible for discounted or waived registration.