Applications open March 13.
*The summer application period will be open only to undergraduate students in a summer research program. All other students should apply in the spring application period.
Applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements to be considered for a research presentation during the Spring application period:
- Be a current SACNAS member before applying for a research presentation
- Be at least 18 years of age (at the time of the conference)
- Be one of the following at the time of submission: community college, undergraduate, post baccalaureate, graduate student, or post-doctoral researcher
NOTE: The summer application period will ONLY be open to undergraduate students in a summer research program. All other students must apply in the spring.
Poster vs. Oral Presentations
- Community college, undergraduate, and post baccalaureate students can apply for a poster presentation
- Graduate students can apply for a poster or oral presentation (choose one)
- Post-doctoral researchers can apply for an oral presentation
Application Components & Requirements
Note: Being accepted to present does NOT provide you a free registration, nor automatically qualify you for the travel scholarship.
All applicants must follow the below guidelines to be considered for a research presentation at 2019 SACNAS:
- A complete SACNAS research presentation application will contain:
- Title of Abstract
- Abstract (Abstract word limit is 250 maximum). No graphics or schema (charts) are allowed
- A hypothesis or statement about the problem under investigation
- A statement of the experimental methods/materials used
- Results provided in summary form (even if preliminary)
- The full names and degrees of each author (Include the order of authors)
- Approval from your principal investigator (PI) for submission and publication of your abstract
- Applications must be received through the online abstract submission system by April 12, 2019, 5:00 PM Pacific Time.
- No email or late submissions will be accepted (It is recommended you submit your abstract with ample time prior to the deadline to avoid any technical issues)
- All submissions are final.
TIP: Double check for grammatical errors before submitting your application.
- Only one abstract submission per student is acceptable. (A student with multiple applications will be rejected)
- Students working on the same research project are required to submit an abstract written in their own words. If identical abstracts are submitted, all applications will be immediately disqualified from 2019 SACNAS.
- Graduate students who have previously given an oral presentation at a SACNAS conference are not eligible to apply for an oral presentation. However, they are encouraged to apply for a poster presentation. Graduate students who have never given an oral presentation at a SACNAS conference are welcome to submit an application for an oral presentation.